Founded in 1903 by the Congregation of the Sisters of St.-Joseph, the Institut International de Lancy (IIL) was initially the Collège Marie-Thérèse.
Founding of the Marie-Thérèse boarding school for girls by the nuns of the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph
Opening of the French Baccalaureate section
IIL becomes a bilingual school, with English in all nursery and primary classes; “O Level” preparation for English speakers
Co-education in all sections
First year of secular leadership
Forming of APEIIL, the IIL parents’ association
Opening of the English Primary section
Opening of the English Secondary section
Accreditation and introduction of the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
IIL becomes the first 1:1 iPad school in Switzerland
IIL becomes the first Apple Distinguished School in Switzerland
IIL becomes the first KiVa school in Switzerland (an international anti-bullying programme)
IIL celebrates its 120th anniversary and now welcomes more than 1500 students.