Safe at school
Message from the Director General
During these challenging times, we would like to applaud our IIL Community. Through collaboration, creativity and adaptability, our staff, students and parents have proven exemplary in their dedication and resourcefulness.
In adherence with the instructions of the cantonal authorities, we are regularly updating our “IIL – Coronavirus Protection Plan”, available on our intranet for the IIL community.
I would like to assure you that we are taking all possible measures to provide teaching, school transport and school lunch services in the safest possible conditions.
Every aspect of school life inside and outside the classroom, including transport, cafeteria and recess has been reviewed and outlined in the IIL – Coronavirus Protection Plan. This complete protection plan has been created in adherence with the instructions by the cantonal authorities and the DIP regarding the sanitary requirements and procedures.
Classes take place on campus as per normal school hours, for all students, regardless of age.
Students living with a person at risk attend classes normally. Any specific preventive measures will apply at home. Students and staff travelling to/from a country or an area at high risk must respect a 10-day self-quarantine as soon as they return to Switzerland and before returning to school.
- Outdoor, masks are no longer mandatory for students and adults.
- In classes up to Y9/4e, masks are no longer mandatory for students and adults if the teacher is the only adult present in the room with the students. Students can continue to wear a mask if they wish to do so.
- Indoor, masks are still mandatory for all adults and students from Y10/3e onwards (classrooms, corridors, school canteens, etc.). In class, masks can be removed only if the minimum distance of 1,5 m is maintained between and under the supervision of the teacher.
- The minimum distance of 1.5 m must be maintained between adults.
- The minimum distance must be maintained wherever possible between adults and students.
- The minimum distance is no longer required to be maintained between students.
The children are regularly reminded of preventive measures and behaviour rules through various means (reminders from staff, posters, video on screens in the common areas).
Teachers and students wash their hands with soap and water before entering the classroom or any other rooms/areas, and at least several times a day. If soap and water are not readily available, hand sanitiser can be used and is available in different areas of the school.
Students are not allowed to share food or beverages, or drink from the tap in classrooms and toilets. They are encouraged to bring their own flask or bottle.
The classroom doors remain open when students enter the room to prevent them from touching handles. Classrooms and other areas are ventilated after each teaching period, during breaks and at the end of the day.
Additional preventive measures apply to our bus service, school canteens, reception, as well as during P.E. lessons, by the school entrances and at the infirmary. We have also reinforced the cleaning and sanitising on all school areas.
Our COVID-19 task force meets on a regular basis. This group has developed an action plan called “Serenity Plan” which will be used in the event of a new lockdown.